Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Welcome To My Kitchen.....

Welcome.........come on in. I thought I would give you a little tour since we had just been talking about my kitchen mural. So sit back and have a cup of tea and lets pretend we are sitting around the kitchen table chatting together. Please don’t look too closely…..I gave it a once over but that’s where the neatness stops…you saw my freezer earlier.

That reminds me we (read: Mr Wonderful) really need to get that micro vent enclosed with trim. Yet another to~do thing around here.

Every kitchen must have an undercabinet radio, really....it is required in my house if I am to endure the laborious hours of work to be done in my kitchen.
Now on to the fun side of my kitchen. The mural…..

Please excuse the cat, he thinks he will die without nourishment in the next 3 mins. The utility room…thru that door was beyond the scope of my little cleaning session. It is the site of Mt. Washmore my famous laundry pile, trust me you don't want to see that!

Now it is time to get up close and personal with some of the characters….

“Gang, meet Robin.”
“Robin, meet the gang”

Our resident flock of sheep and a few of the flowers.
My flock of sunflowers, I really like sunflowers.
Delphiniums, daisies, and hollyhocks…......I must remember to finish putting up those pickets, this area used to be hid behind my computer cabinet back when I had a desktop so we could not reach to apply the wooden pickets. Oops…add that to the to~do list as well please.

Ahhhh…yes the single most inspiring thing on the wall, I love barns, I love the smell of hay, I love long lingering barn talks, I love haylofts…..speaking of hay lofts I really, really want to go here….. The Anniversary Inn (The Hayloft Suite) oh sorry back on topic….. anyway sometimes I envision hanky~panky happnin' in that hay loft....just kidding. Did you know that as appealing as that sounds...it really is not a good idea, in hindsight for very prickly reasons.;)

Well hello there Mr. Butterfly….

And last but not least, every momma Robin needs a nest!
Hope you enjoyed the tour! Would you like some more tea?

Disclaimer: This clean kitchen is subject to change within 10.2 seconds after the last counter is wiped. Unpaid help cannot be held responsible for any actions upon discovery of said changes.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

"sometimes I envision hanky~panky happnin' in that hay loft....just kidding. Did you know that as appealing as that sounds...it really is not a good idea, in hindsight for very prickly reasons.;)"

I'll bet it is the "hind" end that gets prickly. I'll just trust your opinion and skip trying this. lol. I love the mural and think you were very talented to create it. There is one in dd's room isn't there? Is that the next tour?

Anonymous said...

I love it! You are such a good artist. Seems like you said something goofy like I can't draw or paint or something Friday. I beg to differ.

Thanks for the tour and Lindsey mentioned one in your dd's room? Snap away. :)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Very well done!

My kitchen would take AGES to get clean enough to take photos!

Thanks for letting us peek at yours!