Monday, February 11, 2008

Spud Man......

I have been thinking all week about how fast Spud Man is growing up. With his B-Day just a few days ago I keep thinking about how he is already 7 years old...where did the time go? I think I was too busy trying to get him to behave.

Spud man is truely the light of our lives! He has all the energy I lack, the sparkle in his eye is contageous! He is one special kid. He is also very active and lively, to put it lightly he exhausts me.....he does things and thinks later! I am seriously doubtful we can get him raised to the age of 10 without him majorly injuring himself or worse.

He is the most challenging child for me to teach, parent, and be patient with. With that said I also want to be just like him when I grow up. He is not affraid to try new things (even if it could kill him), he is cheerful and fun, he is funny, he is strong and tough, he talks often and with great detail, he has a photographic/directional memory, and he is so an optimist.

I should really stop to enjoy this kid so much more, and I am beginning to really notice he is a Momma's boy, he is just getting to the point of being very senstive like his Daddy, tender and sweet especially towards me. He has also taught me what no one else has ever been able to teach me, he has taught me to grow a little patience!!! It is a huge deal he's done what no other could, growing my patience is no easy task. He uses up every ounce of patience I do happen to muster up though.
Here are some pics of our special guy.

From an early age he could pick on his big sister.

He also shows a knack for getting really dirty. Even at a very young age.
He shows off his sensitive side (pink fuzzy purse he stole from his sister) as well as being macho (wearing camo).

He is quite the equipment operator like his Daddy as well.

He is also quite handy like his daddy!!! With great enthusiasm I might add.

Mr Wonderful wishes I were as enthusiastic about work as he is.

All that enthusiasm really takes a toll on him though. He has been known to fall asleep half standing or mid stride.

ee, I mean he has to be carrying on a conversation even while "doing his business". He likes talking on the phone alot.



Look at the work ethic on this kid!

Here he is doing his school work.

I want to be just like him, I really do!


I finally got him to sit still for 2.2 seconds for this pic!

That look means he is about to try something new and challenging...I have to go make sure he lives thru it now......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Young (usually) Male philosophy- if it's not working out the way it should- i.e. I keep crashing when doing this- then it's NOT that the idea is flawed. It's because I'm not doing it right and I need to keep trying because it WILL work.
Spud Man sounds like he lives this philosophy to the hilt.

The Summerfields said...

Very true, very true. He is so special in so many ways but I find myself scratching my head, better yet pulling out my hair, on just where his logic comes from.

Mr Wonderful said he was the same way and he turned out alright so let's hope the same way for Spud Man.