Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sunshine's room.....

So since I am a sucker and anytime anyone mentions something I once did I feel I must indulge them. hee hee. Now I want you to understand that I am not bragging, I am moreso embracing what I used to be capable of. The thought of doing a wall mural or some other artisitc feat these days leaves me feeling overwhelmed and numb with lack of creativity.

Anyway that is the only reason I share these today, so that maybe just maybe I will again aquire some creativity and energy to act on that. The mural mentioned in the comments is actually not a true wall mural (in the sense of paint anyway). Though, I do have a mural style quilt that I made for Sunshine several years ago (back before 2 more boys came into our lives and sucked the majority of my creative braincells out of my body upon their birth evidently). Also I painted a partly cloudy sky on her ceiling, then we put a neat horsey wall border along the wall as well.
The whole quilt is supposed to represent childhood dreams and a little girl's dream playhouse.

You can see a little bit of the ceiling in this next pic.....
The next one is some appliqued flowers, these were really fun flowers to make .
Also I love sunflowers to I had to put on in here....along with a sweet kitty on the swing.
Everyone could use a little sunshine sometime....

Here is her wall border. Could someone please load me up that sweet mare in the middle and bring her to my house (along with the 10 acres I don't have, and the dream home we didn't just build.)
Here is the ceiling with a little more to see...tough to capture on a camera though.

Thanks for hanging in there, the photography was bad.....I need more practice and my camera has some major limitations in low light conditions.:(

Disclaimer: The room was not able to be captured in it's entirety, due to dangerous conditions within the parameters of the encounter. One particular child may have been harmed during the making of this tour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have some creative outlets- before my arms were full of babies! I keep thinking- this is a season and maybe some day....

It looks wonderful! We'll all throw pillows at you the next time you say you can't paint.

I couldn't show the floor on my girls' room- it's carpeted in toys and dress up clothes.