Monday, February 18, 2008

Ornery Brother Runs Over Little Sister....

It was a snowy cold day when several of my friends and I were trudging thru the snow, hoping to catch a few sledding runs on the hill behind our house. Now beings this is a large hill, we usually hitch a ride on our 4-wheeler Ornery Brother was driving at the time....only he was behind us since we decided to get a head start. He thought it would be funny to scare us by driving up behind us fast as if to run us over. Only problem was that the snow was about 1 ft deep and that made it really hard to run in......picture that deer in the headlights look. My friends went one way, I went the other. Turns out I should have followed the pack.

Before I knew it I was being tumbled under the 4-wheeler and left for roadkill....ok not really but it sure felt like it. No, really I did get run over but they didn't leave me for dead. Everyone flocked around me to make sure I was ok, Oh the glorious attention, and while it did hurt pretty bad I decided to embellish my condition for the benefit of Ornery Brother whom I was really mad at for running me over. I led on that my legs were not working properly and that he needed to carry me to the house (several hundred yards away which I decided was part of his punishment). He did just that, After a few hours of rest and pampering I was just about as good as new.

Now the part that I should probably confess is that when there is 12" of snow on the ground and the fact that I was bundled up or sledding so really most of the impact is pretty much absorbed and it doesn't hurt all that bad to be run over by the 4-wheeler. I was not about to let on to that little lucky fact though, afterall, I was the youngest and I was pretty sure the world should revolve around me occasionally, even though it didn't very often.;)

Gotta give him credit for that long walk back home. I am sure I was pretty heavy especially as I went all limp like I was passed out, you'll remember I mentioned how hard it was to walk in that deep snow? I feel a little bad about that insistance of him carrying me but I am pretty sure it was worth it at the time. "Um, Ya Ornery Brother? I'm sorry!"

No comments: