Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Poor Baby...

Tobers is miserable. He was better yesterday for most of the day, sometimes normal temp sometimes a low grade fever lower than 100 degrees. Then this morning he again had a 103 fever and a horrid cough. He says his tummy hurts really bad, (probably sore muscles from all that coughing) he coughs the entire time he is awake and he is sleeping alot and wakes up crying and coughing. It is really sad to hear and watch. We've been trying to comfort him and let him rest, but tomorrow I think we need to head to the Dr. I called earlier in the week because I was concerned about his fever lasting for 2.5-3 days, they said with the flu it can be normal to have the flu with fever for a week!!!! Ugh.

What is strange is that when he is awake he doesn't want to be comforted or touched, he wake up really upset when there is a mildly loud noise, and he gets angry and will hit you if you try to stroke his hair or hold his hand. This is the strangest thing I have seen with him. He is usually such a snuggly guy and sweet even when he is sick, I am hoping it is just the fever making him cranky or something. I really hope he startes feeling better soon and that no one else gets it!! It is one of those serious bugs evidently!

One good thing about having a sick one in the house is everyone has to take it easy and get some rest. It has been really good for me in particular because I have been busier than I maybe ever have been for a longer period than normal. While I have been enjoying this pace emensely I am also thankful for a forced rest period this week. I have been taking it easy all week.

No comments: