Saturday, February 2, 2008

My kids

So thought I'd take a minute to talk about the kids....... Sunshine is 9 years old and completely a dream child, she fooled us into having the rest of the kids.....I had that dreamy pregnancy where nothing went wrong, did not gain much weight, loved being preggo! She was the product of a intense thunder and lightning storm in the middle of no where. She is extremely helpful, loyal, and smart.

Spud Man is somewhat of a cold shower after the first born. We had to try for a long time to conceive with him, then when he got here he was colicky and had a flare for stubborness from day 1. He is really much better now but I thought I was going to lose my mind for a few of his troubled years, he is a risk taker (which I really am not and never have been) and ALL BOY so you can imagine the trouble he gets himself into. Spud Man is almost 7 years old and I want to be just like him when I grow up.....he is smart, funny and absolutely lights up our lives with love and happiness. He still sucks his thumb and someday I will tell you ALL the things I have done to try to make him stop.....stop snickering YES I have a 6yo who still sucks his thumb,......ya he's homeschooled...wanna make somethin' of it? HAHAHA

Tobers is at the moment a slacker. He is 4yo and would really prefer we all do stuff FOR him, sure he is capable of it all but the minute you request his help he turns to a limp whiney mess.....currently working on this problem....anyway he is loving and kind and sensitive. He will do anything Spud Man suggests which gets him into a ton of trouble and he is the first to snitch! I love that, it really helps my detective skills when I have to figure out who did what. Tobers was also one we had to try for a long time to conceive........and we are glad he is here. He was born just days before his paternal Grandpa passed away suddenly.:(

Whippersnapper is our youngest and he is 19 mo. He is just getting to the mischevious stage and a little independant. He is the product of an amazing snowstorm in the moutains during hunting season..(wait there seems to be a weather related theme here with conception)...Mr Wonderful and I simply did not know what else to be doing during such a time evidently. Anyway, he is such a perfect completion to our family. He is giggly, silly and he eats more than the rest of the kids! I tell you with 3 boys we might have to start selling furniture to feed them! Sunshine and Whippersnapper have a very strong bond and darn it if he doesn't choose her over me 90% of the time! Not such a horrible thing until you want to feel needed and important one day.

So there is a quick peek.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awesome start to your blog! I love the intro of the kids. If ever in need of some posting ideas I have plenty for you. Like how that oh-so-cool chicken coop came to be, or the horse trailer story, or one of my personal favs about backyard nakedness. And ofcourse I will check back often!

The Summerfields said...

Oh good some creative ideas and suggestions, just what the Dr ordered for a uninspired day.....Thanks!

Anonymous said...

LOL - loved the intro. to the kids. Great post. :)