Monday, February 4, 2008

Scaredy Dog.....

We have a Golden Retriever Puppy (well ok she looks grown but trust me she isn't!) she is about 8 months old. We have recently started letting her sleep out of her crate free to roam about the house. Since then she just barks occasionally like a big baby, stares around the room and growls and barks some more. I flip the covers off and go see what it up.....nothing. So back to bed, again 5 mins later she is looking all around barking and quietly growly, flip the covers back again...go look, nothing. Anyway it took me a few nights of trying to let her be loose and then deciding I loved my sleep too much to be listening to a barking dog. So last night I decided to take a little longer and see what it was that was bothering her.....I FINALLY figured it out! When all the lights are out, the woodstove has a window and you can see the flame flicker and the light dances all over the living room....that freaks her out. Poor girl. So needless to say she's going to be sleeping in her crate at night until stove heating season it over. I think it is actually kinda funny.


This is her checking herself out.....it was pretty funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOl - love the picture. Dogs are so funny. When Davey was a pup, he would freak out if he saw someone in the mirror.