Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another Camera Option...

Shhh...I am NOT obsessed here, really. I don't want to hear it!

I found this camera that I am leaning towards now. It is a Pentax and it has a super strong body and is supposed to be built like a tank, it also has weather/waterproof seals to protect it too so that if you are in a light rain or something it would help protect the camera from damage. Now knowing we have small children, and that Mr Wonderful likes to go for hikes and take pics of wildlife (he has some awesome shots of a nearly grown elk trying to nurse on his knees from a Momma cow, also a doe squatting to pee, and several other rare freaks of nature!). So with that in mind I am thinking tougher built is better, as well as all the features it has and the fact that any Pentax lense ever made fits it as well. Where as with the Nikon there are only certain ones that will work with it.

I am thinking more on the side of durability because Mr Wonderful is the reason we no longer have a video camera. He took it hiking and tripped and fell onto it against a log. The video camera never worked again, but I'd like to think it saved Mr Wonderful's life or something useful like that.


Anyway here is this new Pentax K10D camera I am considering along with the original two I posted about earlier, the Nikon D40X and the Nikon D80. Also here is a review site I found that compares several cameras against the Pentax K10D model.

Keep in mind I am still light years away from #1 being able to operate a camera like this #2 being able to afford this puppy #3 being able to spend the $ I am able to save on a camera like this when there are mouths to feed, diapers to buy, hair cuts and highlights to be had, etc. I still really want to work towards this. I could see this being my hobby, the more I try to make my current Nikon 4300 digital camera do, the more it lets me down. I try to do some manual settings and they all end up grainy no matter what settings I do. The last several nights I have fallen asleep reading my manual for hours hoping there will be some easy fix for this problem...nope not yet anyway.

I repeat, I am NOT obsessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh huh.
Suuurrre you're not.

I...AM....NOT....OBSESSED!

Keep saying it- maybe you'll convince yourself.

The Summerfields said...

Ya no kidding.....I'm still in denial though.