Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's like drooling over a new car......

......ahhh a new camera. I can smell it, I can see it, I can imagine it! I am starting to quiver just thinking about that clicking sensation!

My preliminary research is leading me towards a budget model rather than the spendier ones. I have been eyeing the Nikon D80 but the price has me freaked. So I started to compare the models and also checked out Consumer Reports Online (I love that place). They recommended the Nikon D40X and when compared the two models only have just a couple differences, truth be told I have no idea what those comparisons mean just that they are all the same in all those really specific numbers. The price is almost HALF! So for now I am shooting towards the Nikon D40X because it seems to be a good value.

Now what am I willing to DO to get it? Hmmmm. I have been brainstorming and this is what I have come up with....

Helping Mr Wonderful cut firewood (he loves it so much and once offered to pay me for helping, and for the sweet company of course, so we could sell the extra wood that we don't need for ourselves) I HATE getting firewood.....so this is a huge sacrifice, he was supposed to hear that I was willing to go cut firewood and fall over with the sheer proof of my determination and desire for a new camera and then promptly take me online to buy one! It did not work out as I had hoped.......so on to more options.

Sell our horse trailer (because when we use it to get wood it takes to long to fill up an entire trailer AND the pick-up, which poses a problem for the last idea if I really want the most $ possible per load.....HAHA)

Make an extra rabbit hutch when I make ours and sell them.

Cash in my IRA (It seriously crossed my mind.....another attempt to get the impression accross to Mr Wonderful of just how serious I am here.....again did not work as planned.)

Be patient and save as I can....(I really don't like this option since it has a cuss word in it!)

Buy a lottery ticket.

Be patient and pray that loved ones (in other words Mr Wonderful-ly Stubborn) take a hint for gifts......again that patience word really does not sit well with me.

Do it with an interest free plan.......which we swore we'd never do again and I am morally against....ok well not morally but almost. I won't do it though.....I want the satisfaction of earning/saving/waiting for something I desire and not the guilt of going ahead before I have a chance to be blessed with either the hardwork, blood, sweat and tears, OR blessed by a gift from someone I love. So be p..ppp....pp..patient I will.

Too bad my "new car" temptation comes with the price tag of one or two CAR PAYMENTS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I was blessed when hubby bought my camera and gear for Christmas. I want to do so much more with it.

I'm trying to figure out ideas to earn a little income with it. :)

Lindsey said...

I suppose I should start at the bottom and use the one I have first to prove I would even get use from a nice SLR camera! Ah the joy of desires.