Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring Emerges....

Certain sights this time of year make me giggy! Here is one of them.....

I was just out enjoying all the things starting to come up, taking stock of some spring planting ideas when I came accross THIS horrible injustice!

I want you to know THIS is my prized blue spruce bird's nest shrub, it is so neat I really like it. It was a splurge purchase last year. I love the blue hues to this plant and how compact it is. So I am strolling along and I see that a dog has crapped several times on my prized bush (not our dogs because they are not in the front yard)!!!! I am NOT happy at all! How dare they do that to MY bush? I wanted to cry, but then Spud Man saved me and cleared it all off with a shovel. What a nice guy huh?
I am really getting excited about spring time!!! It is warm today too so that doesn't help much, it only further ignites the need to study those seed catalogs and obsess about what to get this year and where to plant it. I am considering getting some seed starting supplies and trying my hand at some heirloom tomatoes this year. I will have to keep you posted on that process!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I went for a walk around our yard and found that same disgusting thing in one of my plants. I am determined to fence in my front yard now to avoid finding these piles. We must give a little credit to the dogs that they have great taste in finding the most precious, beautiful flower, plant, or shrub to do this to!

Anonymous said...

YUCK at least the dog had good taste