Friday, March 7, 2008

Highschool to Housewife...We go to prom together.





After we had been dating a few weeks I asked Mr Wonderful if he'd be willing to go to my prom with me, I kinda doubted he would want to go back to a high school prom after being graduated 3 years but he enthusiastically said YES! Whoo Hoo I had a date for prom!




I got busy sewing my dress and making plans. He ordered his tux and we were all set. I was so excited. It was my first prom and I had a serious date and not some random date I did not even know very well. I felt like I had arrived to some elite club of people who had a real date for prom.




Here are a few pics from our special day.


I am so glad we had the forsight to have him take off his glasses.....too bad he could not see a thing!


This pic my Mom took of me in front of our front door. What I would not do to be able to fit back into that dress, or anything that size.......and to think at the time I thought I was HUGE! If only we could go back and tell myself I was fine the way I was!


I was also able to use my dress for 4-H modeling and sewing so I was able to check that off my list of things to do early in the year. Here is a pic of me taking top prize at the Oregon State Fair for style review (modeling a garment you made). Too bad we did not have the forsight that day to take Mr Wonderful's glasses off. Mr Wonderful was able to come along on the trip with my parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dress is beautiful! You made that?!!?
You look beautiful in that dress too!
You both look cute- and young!(Not to insinuate that you look anything BUT young now.)

Lindsey said...

I loved seeing the pictures of you guys! You are such a wonderful sewer, the dress is gorgeous. Keep blogging, I enjoy reading them!