Monday, March 31, 2008

Sickness Go Away!

I am trying to hang in there but this bug we've all got is not letting go of us, and it looks like we get another fun round of fevers/colds/sore throats/coughs!! This is so frustrating, we just get to feeling better from the last thing, but not quite rid of the cough, then Wham! we get hit with another something or maybe it is the same thing just some long drawn out morphing/regenerating bug! I just want to feel better and enjoy the nice sunny days when they arrive and quit hacking up a lung every time I turn around!

The kids are all in the same boat, we've really been considering quarantining ourselves from the outside world until we can get over this because this bug just keeps getting passed around, or maybe our immune systems are so weak now that we are susceptible to everything? I don't know what else to do.

I keep trying to take it really easy and not overtax anyone with a busy schedule, but it honestly doesn't seem to be helping much.:( I guess on the bright side it gave me time to sit and surf. I got to research all kinds of curriculum ideas and choices, I got to email like a mad woman, I have read more books than I have in a long time, I have not done anything useful for fear of making it worse, finally I have a reason to avoid my "duties" around here.

I know we are not alone in this area though, community wide, maybe even county, wide this area is getting hit hard with this bug that won't let go! The highschool was so happy to have spring break finally come so that maybe everyone would have a chance to get over it while on break. I can't imagine this type of thing in schools!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the things I do is clean off door handles and light switches- things people touch often. I don't know how long germs can live on such surfaces (depends on the bug, I guess) but I like to think it helps. Also, toothbrushes can harbor germs for awhile.

When T came down with this last cough (which really isn't that bad of a sickness- she acts just fine with a very occasional cough) we hadn't been out and about for 4 days. But I did find out that another little girl at Church had a similar thing so maybe it incubated since Sunday. That's the thing- you never know if they are incubating and spreading.

DH and I are slowly, ever so slowly, seeing improvement- so it happens, honest!

Anonymous said...

With all that cleaning you did I would think not a germ could survive! I do hope you all start to feel better soon. I miss Fridays!