Tuesday, March 4, 2008

High School to Housewife...the Chase Was On!

Mature girl that I am at the time, I left notes on his pick-up, he ignored them. One note in particular was my expressing my true feelings for him and layin' it on the line....I left it on his truck, then waited for the earth shattering visit where he tells me he feels the same way and we live happily ever after.

I waited that is for sure.....I waited and waited and he never came.....so being a patient person that I am, I called him to make sure he got it. Here is what he said "Oh I didn't open it until I got home" WHAT??? Now to me mis-impatience herself would have never been able to wait to read something/anything until I got home so I highly doubted his story....so now what?...he read it when he got home right? "Well what do you think?" He basically let me down easy saying I was the boss's daughter and that I was his best friends little sister and he played it off and never gave me the time of day...turns out this was the perfect thing for him to do, because playing hard to get is really fun for the chaser when said chaser is 16 yrs old and determined like I was.


Shortly after that he had picked out a puppy from my brother and his wife. He had just picked up this puppy and had stopped by the house to talk to my other brother (Ornery Brother), Mr Wonderful AKA Mr Uninterested had his younger sister with him and we were all messing with the puppy and saying how cute she was and on and on. Well Mr Wonderful had to run out to his pick-up for something and I proceeded to gush to his sister all about how I had this huge crush on him and I wanted to date him so bad. I figured if I could get on her good side she'd tell him what I said and I could "get at him" that way. Still did not work, nothin' happened. We did end up trying to figure out a name for the puppy though and he ended up taking my suggestion!!!!! I felt like a celebrity!! He took the name I suggested for his puppy. Her name is Callie......awe I still can't believe it. I think he kinda flirted don't you? I mean surely that was a form of flirting to take a name suggestion and use it....ya I am pretty sure.

Then I finally had a reason to call him, I had to check on that new puppy right? Make sure she was doing ok. I mean because unless I called I was pretty sure he was having all kinds of hardships with the puppy that I might have been able to help with right? Hee Hee

The chase is still on.....

No comments: