Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Highschool to Housewife....the Catch.

So last post I told you about how Mr Wonderful named his new puppy Callie after my suggestion. I was sure this was a sign that he was flirting with me.
So now I had this excuse to call and check on the puppy. I did call him, he was friendly and sweet and the puppy was doing great. I swallowed hard and asked him if he would consider going on a date with me. Sure enough he suggested we go out that next weekend that it might be fun to go out! I could not believe my ears, at first I thought it was because he felt kinda forced into it but then later after we had talked for a while it was getting close to time to hang up and he said this after I told him that I was excited that we finally get to go on a date...he said "I am really looking forward to it". I melted, I had a grin on my face for the entire week!!!



To think it all started because of this cute little puppy.
Turns out the week went by so slowly. Finally when it was that day I primped and paced and waited for him to come. He was right on time, the rumble of his Chevy truck made my heart go pitter patter. He visited with my parents for a while then we were off on our date. He was trying to get to the passenger door before me but it did not work out and he was a little disappointed that I did not wait for him to open the door for me. Awe...how sweet!! I was a little embarassed because I bolted out my parents house so fast and into Mr Wonderful's truck that it may have been considered lightning speed, plus to have not been refined enough to wait for Mr Wonderful to open the door (I guess I was a cowgirl afterall).
We decided to go to Denny's and a movie. He ordered a side salad and in the end he decided a salad on the first date is only a good idea if the other person orders a salad too. He said he felt akward eating in front of me as we were trying to talk. I was just busy thinking about how nice he looked in his Wranglers, his blue and grey flannel shirt with elk all over it, and how his belt buckle matched everything perfectly. (He still has that shirt and belt buckle, I still love it!) After eating at Denny's we were off to watch a movie, I remember thinking I should not have eaten so much because my pants were tight in the waist. Anyway we got seated in the movies and it was so fun being there with him, after all this time of wishing and hoping, here he was, a much older guy with little old me! We watched our movie but honestly I don't remember much about it, something about my mind racing because I was on a date with Mr Wonderful, but I do remember briefly putting my head on his shoulder.
After our movie we went up to the airport to watch planes take off and land (something I have always liked) and we visited for a while. We eventually drove to my house and talked for a few more hours there, it was so neat, he was easy to talk to and I felt comfortable with him. He was a gentleman, funny, good looking and kind in every way. About midnight we decided he better head home and I walked him out to our front porch. We said good bye to one another and he gave me a gentle hug and told me how nice of a time he had. I melted and from that moment on for weeks I had a permanent smile on my face even in my sleep. I was walking on a cloud from then on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure, sure- and how many airplanes actually took off and landed in that time frame? Hhmmmm? At our airport?

Good story! (No, seriously, the whole series!)