Monday, March 10, 2008

High School To Housewife...The Long Wait.

After our break-up months earlier I was more sure than ever that I really did want to spend the rest of my life with Mr Wonderful. He had remained caring, respectful and honest with his feelings even thru all our struggles and I knew I wanted to be married to someone with that kind of self-control and respect for me even thru turmoil. We took it slowly and worked towards a stronger relationship for the next year. I graduated a year early from high school and he got his associates degree in Civil Engineering. Graduating early was something that I had worked towards from the 7th grade, I had seen so many seniors in high school only have to go half days that I decided to plan out all my credits when I got into highschool so that I could graduate early and forget a silly 1/2 day for a whole year. I did just that.
Mr Wonderful and I had a good relationship and we were getting more and more anxious to be married. My parents really "encouraged" us to wait, well ok forbid it for a long time because I really was too young. I sure did not think so at the time though. We had to be patient until my 18th B-day because as you probably know parents can't say much once you are 18 right?

This is how Mr Wonderful chose to express his love at times! I loved it!


Here are some other various pics from that year.



Here I am at my last county fair with another 4-H outfit for modeling.


Here we are at my Sr. Prom April 1996.



Here is my senior pics. The top photo I had broken my foot just minutes prior to the photo shoot. I had gotten my horse all groomed and ready and had went inside to grab my saddle, when I stepped off a large step with my saddle I felt my foot snap and instantly I started to feel ill. The photographer had driven all that way out to our ranch and I felt so bad about her coming so far for nothing and I was ready (it is not small feat to get a horse ready like that not to mention myself) so I dried the tears, fixed the make up and hobbled up the hill for our photo shoot, the wincing pain is barely noticable! That photo shoot was followed by getting to the ER to wait another 3 hours to be seen, then painful tweaking for x-rays and a walking cast for a few weeks. The second pic (on the bottom) we had done in a studio, injuries are less likely in a studio we confirmed. Can you tell I was all cowgirl back then? I love it!

Here is what I made him for our first Christmas together 1995.

Good times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt!

Lots of lovely dresses again. Such a cowgirl but you wore dresses too!

I married one of my prom dates too- but that's another story!

Thanks for all the photos!

The Summerfields said...

Thank you. I wish I had time for that kind of creativity with these 4 kids to keep me busy now.:)