Tuesday, March 11, 2008

High School to Housewife...My Sr Prom.

We went to my Sr Prom together (our 2nd prom together) as you saw in the last post. There is a wee little bit more to the story. You see we went to prom of course and had a nice time, but then everyone started to leave early for different destinations. Mr Wonderful and I decided to go our own way as well. We decided on a beautiful night like that we wanted to go for a drive and find somewhere private. We drove around and finally ended up on some quiet country gravel roads. We decided to get even more private and we went up a steep road that was not improved.....have I mentioned Mr Wonderful's pick up is not a 4 wheel drive? Anyway we parked and admired the stars. Anyway it was quiet and peaceful and beautiful with those bright stars in the sky. When we got ready to leave we realized somehow the truck had gotten high centered!!! This was NOT good since we were getting close to my cerfew. So luckily Mr Wonderful had a flashlight.....he tried digging out even all dressed up in his tux! (no luck) Then we tried jacking it up and giving it a good shove while I hit the gas, that did not work either.


So we were left to start walking towards the nearest house......the nearest house was probably 1/2 mile or more away in the dark. Now of course since it was prom I was wearing heels.....we have already established that this is an unimproved road which means large rocks and potholes in the dark. It was painful, not to mention I was wearing a fitted dress with not a lot of room to walk anyway. So we walk and walk to this far off house...wouldn't you know they had what souned like at least five large mean dogs? We could not even get close to that place before we were pretty sure we'd be eaten.......problem is the only other house is MILES away!!! Of course at that time we did not have a cell phone (boy that would have been nice).


So we start walking towards more of the main road (still a gravel country road). We were pretty embarassed and worried about not making it for cerfew and what trouble that would lead to. I was pretty sure I'd be washing a lot of windows that next day. You see my parents had a rule that if you were past cerfew that you had to wash windows (we had a ton of bay and picture windows it was a huge job). Anyway we are walking when we see headlights, oh thank God!!! So we start turning our flash light on and off to signal we needed help. This car was still a long ways away and it was iffy on if they'd even be able to see our light but they appeared to! The vehicle started coming our way!!! It was such great news....until we figured out who it was. It of course had to be the police!


So if that was not humilating enough the officer insisted on calling MY parents (we wanted to call one of Mr Wonderful's buddies to come pull us out) and letting me explain what was happening and then we tried talking him into just gently pulling us out of our perdicament...he said "No". Then he drove us part way to my parents house because they were on their way.....can you imagine getting a call at 2am from the cops (2 hours after my cerfew)? Somy parent got there in record time.....we both climbed in to my parents rig said thank you to the officer. Then my parents drove us to the stuck truck and my parents helped pull the truck out of it's perdicament. Then we had to go our seperate ways. My parents were suprisingly quiet and not too mad, I think they were just thankful that I was alive after all that! I was glad they did not feel the need to kill me.
We finally made it home around 3am and that was the end of my prom night adventure.

So the following pics now have deeper meaning huh? Just imagine how I might have looked after my adventuresome evening. Shoes thrashed, dress ripped along the hemline and up the slit from trying to walk several miles, filthy ruined dress from trying to dig us out and help Mr Wonderful, tear stained face because I was scared what my parents would do, let's not even get stared on my hair! Ya, I was a mess.......so these pics are pretty hilarous to me knowing what I ended up looking like after the evening came to an end. Good thing I did not make that dress because I would have been really upset but I did not really like the dress all that much anyway...don't you think it made me look like a football player with those shoulders? HAHA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On one of my prom nights we hit a deer but that was all the excitement we had! LOL! That was enough.

And why aren't there any 'after' photos? I suppose you'll say that at 3AM you were too tired to think of such things. An opportunity missed.