Monday, April 29, 2013

We Are Tired...

We've been working hard around here for weeks, well months really.  Yesterday we took it easy and tried to really rest.  It was then that I realized just HOW tired I am (how tired we all are).  I am dancing a fine line between tired for a day or two and that feeling of being overwhelmed.

This week I am going to step back a little and just focus on maintaining all we've done so far.  We got most of the cooler crop seeds planted in the garden on Saturday and we did a lot of odds and ends projects.  That progress feels great, but I think we pushed ourselves a little too hard because we are all exhausted.

So I've set a few goals this week:

Feed/Water/Care for all animals we have.
Keep everything watered that we've planted in the garden and keep grasses green.
Do school with the kids in the mornings.
Spend 30 mins to 1 hour each day and maintain housework/laundry so we don't fall behind..
In afternoons take naps, relax more, get to bed by 8:30 p.m. and try not to take on anything new this week!

This is going to be a difficult task because I know I will feel pressure to get projects done but I have to focus on keeping everyone rested so we can keep going long term.  I have to keep the bigger picture in mind.

So here is to a week of maintenance, extra rest, and balance.



No comments: