Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Garden Project...

We have lofty plans this year.  We have planned a 10,000 square foot garden.  I know, crazy right?  Ya it is pretty overly confident of us isn't it?  It's OK if you tell us "I told you so." come September.  We want to try it anyway.

Here is the garden freshly tilled up!  





Of course when you are in deer country a tall fence is a must!  We are building a 6' high tensile wire fence that will have some strands electrified.  I secretly wonder if this is tall enough but Mr. Wonderful assures me it is high enough.  We are hoping this will detour the deer from our tasty vittles.  Here Mr. Wonderful is teaching Spud Man to make sure the post is straight.



 Time for another hole for another post.

Now they have to tamp gravel in around it to make it more secure in the ground.


A neat overhead, there will be a gate here that leads to the field.


So are you wondering what we are putting in the garden?  I thought so.  The next post I will cover that topic!  Until then, happy gardening!

No comments: