Monday, April 14, 2008

Nothin' Much...

There just doesn't seem to be much to write about lately. Aside from ramblings about home school curriculum ideas that change every 5 mins and our slow progress recovering from our cold bug there has not been a whole lot to write about.

We are into our current fad of looking into our options for a different career, going back to school, or moving. Of course I don't believe anything will come of this once again.....(this is only like the 50th time this has come up). I will believe it when I hear the U-Haul truck backing in and the check being written for our house. LOL.

Anyway life is good, just busy. This week we have dinners all week at church for an evangelist who is visiting, we have a dinner each night before he speaks. It makes it nice, we help set up a dinner and I don't have to make dinner all week at home! The first night went well and I am looking forward to the rest of the nights too.

We have been reading The Fields of Home by Ralph Moody. We really have been enjoying this series of books, I don't care for this one as much because it has a harsh tone because of a grumpy Grandfather set in his ways but it is proving to have a undercurrent of deeper meaning. I enjoy reading about country life so it is always good to read in that writing theme.

It is a rainy day here, I would love to be out doing yard work on a sunny day but it is not going to happen for a day or two it seems. I really need to mow the lawn and get some flowerbeds weeded but I just have not gotten to it. I am starting to get into the mood for some flowers in the beds too but it is a wee bit early with as cold of weather as we've been having.

We keep thinking about starting to build some rabbit hutches and get some rabbits. I want to but I am not sure about giving the kids more chores. They have their hands fairly full with the chickens, cats, dogs, yard, household chores and their schooling. They really, really want to get rabbits but I just don't know. We are mostly at a loss of where to put them. They need protection from extreme heat and I don't want to lose anymore growing area for gardening. We shall have to wait and see what we can figure out. What we really need is a few more acres and a few more $1000 per month. LOL I am sure that would solve everything. Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We aren't doing much either.

It has nothing to do with a certain Mother being GRUMPY, I'm sure.