Friday, May 17, 2013

Garden Tour Mid-May...

Join me on a quick garden tour this morning.  There are a few things up and doing well, there are many more things under the soil ready to pop up any day.    Some are still too small to really get a good picture of them.  Sadly, the weeds are doing quite well also, I wish they weren't, but I guess that goes with the territory of such a large garden.

The broccoli plot looks great so far!  We have about 90 plants in this area.


Strawberries are growing strong. (sorry about the sideways pic) We've been pinching off the blossoms for a few weeks and I can't wait to let some mature later in the season.


Zucchini plants are happy.



Cauliflower plants aren't growing quite as well as the broccoli, but they are doing ok so far. I've never grown cauliflower successfully before so we shall see if I succeed this year.  We have about 30-40 plants.


 Sunshine and Maggie Dog with broccoli by their feet and potatoes further out. 


Salad greens looking tasty!


The horses' "garden" is growing well too!  Almost time to cut the hay crop. 


Thanks for joining me today.  There should be some more interesting garden tours coming in the coming weeks.



No comments: