Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More GG Savings...

I thought I would post more of the GG savings for anyone interested.


Albertson's:
Products worth: $132
Total Paid for Items: $55.08
Savings from club card and Bonus Buys: $60
Coupon Savings: $18
Total Savings: $78 or 59%


This week at Safeway:
Products worth: $81
Total Paid for Items: $35
Club Card Savings: $23
Coupon Savings: $18
Misc Savings: $?
Total Savings: $46 or 57% PLUS 20 cents off fuel discount PLUS 2 free movie tickets worth at least $13 in our area, plus 1 free large popcorn when you buy two fountain drinks. So those savings are awesome!


I am doing pretty well with it and that is even with a fairly limited amount of coupons! I can't wait to see how I do after the first 3 months where we are stocked up on more things and can start simply spending less. Right now we are spending the whole budgeted amount for groceries and household (but we are staying in budget well unlike before) but yet we have TONS more food and household items than we did before!!! It is great!

Here is what I have stocked up on so far.....this is with staying in budget AND only 3 weeks of doing the GG. Drum roll please.....

BBQ sauces 10 @ 30 cents each
Mustards 8 total
Mayo 3 large jars
Popcorn 4 boxes of 3 each
Prego sauces 6 jars
Toilet paper 36 double rolls
Paper towels 5 packages 8 ct each
Marinades for BBQing 6 bottles
Cereal 17 boxes
Deodorant for both of us 8
Toothbrushes 2
Shampoos and conditioners and hair products 8
Band aids and Neosporin 3
Rice mixes and instant rice 4
Granola Bars 2 pkgs
Frozen Pizza's 8
Frozen Chicken Breasts 3- 4lb packages
Pork and Beans for BBQ season 6 cans
Sunscreen 3 bottles
Toothpastes 6 tubes
And a few other's I can't think of off the top of my head.


I find that amazing in less than a month I was able to acquire that much stuff at really low prices....I am trying to save at least 50% in order to justify stockpiling it. So I am doing good saving anywhere from 40% to 60% so far on all my receipts! I love that giddy feeling when we are carting out to the car as I am looking over my receipts and checking out the printable coupons they give you with the receipt! It is a rush in some ways and it is a game......it sure makes shopping for the family more fun too....it made a boring chore into something challenging and FUN!!!


The secret is to NOT use the coupons on any regular price item.....save them until it goes on sale and don't be afraid to let the coupon expire if you won't save enough to make it a good deal even with the coupon unless you just have to have it right now. It is hard to pass up using a good coupon but it really is better to wait if you can for a real sale and combine the coupon with it. It is always exciting to see something on sale that you have a coupon for.

Oh I have a couple more....last night we went as a family and we saved BIG! We went to 2 stores and here's what we saved just in % this time. Safeway transaction #1 61% , #2 58%, Albertson's #1 93%!!!!!!!!, #2 30%. Let me explain the 93% one......Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce was on sale for 10/$10 a couple weeks back....I knew I had seen a coupon online for Sweet Baby Rays so I was sure to get a rain check when I noticed they were all sold out. So I went home ordered some coupons CHEAP, then went back to the store after they had arrived and I managed to get each bottle for $1, then used my coupons for $1 off any TWO bottles, then used store doublers and they ended up being only 20-30 cents each so basically 10 bottles for the prices of 1! I also got several tubes of toothpaste for free as well.:) Mr Wonderful was impressed with the savings too which is always nice.

Thanks for sharing in the fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, Girl!

Were you bored yesterday? Man, no posts forever and then *poof* I'm behind!

Unknown said...

Yeah, the GG is pretty addicting, isn't it? :) I think we're getting some pretty great deals though!