Tuesday, June 3, 2008

If Only....

If only I had tried out the Grocery Game when I first heard about it.......which was approximately 2 years ago.

I might have saved $8,500 in 2 years! I figured that we spent roughly $500 to 700 per month in groceries/pet care/household items (we never budgeted that much EVER but there were always so many things we NEEDED that we had to run and get and they added up).

I think a safe average for GG if you were stockpiling properly and after you got started might be around 30-50% depending on how much we used the list to the T. Anyway this is what we might have/could have saved in that 2 year period..........between $3,600 and $8,400!!!

Now this is of course depending on the average percentage saved and how much we actually spent each month! Any number in that above range is enough to make me regret not at least trying it when I first heard about it!

That could have been a used car! That could have been a couple family vacations! That could have bought us LOTS OF FUEL! That is lots of date nights! Or a lot of medical bills paid off! We really could have used that money.......so I won't make that mistake from now on........I have heard some people even save like 70% on GG but I am not that savvy and won't even pretend like I could be. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The past is past- now you are doing it and that is what matters.