Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's Worse Than Ever!....

I have been drooling over a digital SLR camera for quite a while now but lately it is getting worse....this week I am stuck on the Pentax brand. I like the K200D and the K100D Super models. I reeeeeaaaaally want one but once again patience comes into play......um ya, still can't find it.

So why am I wanting one so bad moreso now than before? We went mushrooming as a family last week and I was all excited about just being able to take pics along the way....here are some I was able to capture with my little Nikon Coolpix 4300.....I just REALLY wish I could get better close ups...I LOVE close-ups. I am glad I was able to take pics of such great things because the mushrooms were few and far between.
There seems to be a theme in the first few pics....bugs.....bugs everywhere! Do you see the little catapillar?


Here I cropped it and enlarged it some to you can see what I am talking about...it gets grainy when I do that though.

This seems like the best I can do for a close up with my current camera but to me it looks washed out and still slightly out of focus....not to mention in this shot I have cropped it and enlarged it at well so you can see what the heck I am looking at! LOL

I liked this pic, these flowers were all looking down so I had to tip this one up so I could take a pic of it and of course in keeping with the theme of the day there was an ant on it......

We found this furry creature along the trail, it must have sensed our footsteps and curled up for protection. It was a very large catapiller about 1.5" accross in it's balled form. I have never seen one that big! This next photo is of the corner of an old log cabin! It was beatiful with all the moss growing on it and half rotten. I love the textures and the almost black and white quality to it.

I love sky shots too....I love big white puffy clouds, thin white whispy clouds, but dark threatening thunder clouds are my favorite...they stir me deep in my soul!!! I feel so alive when I see a sky full of the dark deep blue gray clouds......then add to that the thunder and lightening and I am one happy girl!

Lookey who we encountered along the way. He was in a heck of a hurry to get out of there...I have no idea why.......I mean it wasn't like there were 2 boys rather intent on "studying" him or anything.......So my question of the day is do I go a new camera first or do I get Photoshop and try to play with the pics I can manage to get with my current camera and enhance things etc......then worry about a bigger camera in my future when I have more knowledge on how to actually use it and I am absolutely sure I have used my camera to it's fullest potential...... So what should I get first Photoshop or a digital SLR camera?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am very much a novice but those pictures looked good to me. I can offer no suggestions on photoshop or a new camera, just wanted to say I thought the pictures were good ;)

Anonymous said...

I think the photos look good too!

Consumer Reports has an article this month on digital cameras- point and shoot and SLRs. You might try to read it if you can. Otherwise, I have no words of wisdom for you. I think developing your "eye" for things is good- like your photos of the log cabin and sky. That's really what makes a good picture- the best camera or Photoshop can't save a bad shot artistically. They can enhance a good shot but you have to have the bones to work with first.