Saturday, August 2, 2008

High School to Housewife...the Reception.

One on my favorite memories was my dear sweet Grandpa Red who actually came! He didn't do social gatherings like weddings and I was so excited and honored that he actually came and congratulated us at the reception!! He has since passed away. Sniff Sniff....



"Honored Guest"


What would a reception be without food, right? We served croissant sandwiches and some really yummy salads. Several salads were made my close family members and we were able to pull together a nice reception dinner potluck style kinda. It was quite good and we had plenty of food amazingly. We had a pretty good turn out especially considering there was a 15 mile drive from the church to the reception. The reception was at my parents ranch where I grew up.

On our reception tables we had live goldfish in small glass bowls and several people got to take them home to their fishponds. We even had several for ourselves, 2 lived for 10 years in our pond!!! It seemed to be a huge hit for a centerpiece.



Maybe too big of a hit.....

I wonder what he's planning to do once this cake is cut? Be nice Mr Wonderful......of course I am sure he thought about it but he was a gentleman when the time came to feed each other wedding cake....he had me worried with that look though.


We opened gifts and we were so incredibly blessed by our loved ones!



After a long day of family and fun we finally headed to our first home........for our first night of married bliss!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love the goldfish idea in the centerpiece. Very unique! All your pictures turned out gorgeous.