Monday, July 21, 2008

Fair Time...

Well it is that time of year, county fair time. We are taking this week to finish up fair entries and make those last minute things. We have one outfit for style review (kinda like a mini modeling competition to teach girls about interview skills as well as manners) then we have a little jam to be made, some cookies to be baked, and Sunshine decided she will be making a yeast bread....yes she is fearless! Tobers is going to make a pet rock to enter and peanut butter cookies. He is pretty excited.

Last year I swore we were not going to be doing fair again. I don't care for the atmosphere at our local fair. I'd prefer to be able to participate in neighboring counties with less of a commercial feel or something but this is the county we are stuck in and my kids really wanted to enter things. So this year, instead of going on an evening when Mr Wonderful can go, we will be going on a weekdays midday or mornings. I don't really like crowds and I prefer to be able to relax and enjoy rather than be rushed around. So Mr Wonderful will miss out seeing it but at least we will probably enjoy ourselves more and it will be cheaper thanks to the local reading program issuing free passes for kids once they hit a certain amount of time reading.:)

I will try to post pics as we work on these projects this week.:)

No comments: