Saturday, December 21, 2013

Nature's Beauty...

The longer we live here the more blessed I feel.  I love that God blesses us with His creation on a daily basis, sometimes I overlook it or take it for granted, some days I sit in awe of it.

This photo was taken by Sunshine, it's just over our back fence in the CRP field bordering our property.  Every afternoon we have a resident herd of mule deer that cross our fence and head to nearby pine trees to hang out.  I grumble and complain about these guys tearing up my fruits trees, but then they show me their awesome display of competition.  I can't hold a grudge too long...but I can build better fences and tree protection to make sure they don't ruin the trees again!


When trying to photograph any sunset I am always reminded of how with many things in life I tend to take for granted or put off...now is the time to cherish the moments in our lives that deserve our focus.  As with a sunset the moments come and go so quickly and if I don't stop and intentionally capture it either with a camera like trying to capture the sunset or with our hearts like with in a family memory the moment is lost.  So many times I end up of putting it off for in a minute or taking for granted there will be a next time.  As I try to capture a sunset picture and realize the small window of time there is to grab the camera, find the right vantage point, and capture the moment it has already faded from it's original glorious state that caught my attention in the first place.



Slowly I am learning to stop quicker, and pay attention to the moment when it comes along.  Gradually, life seems much richer and more fulfilling somehow.


Oceans and sunsets make me feel closer to the Lord on challenging days.

No comments: